A clear perspective for navigating the clouds
Today, we hear even non-IT people talking about the cloud. The pulse of innovation continues to speed up and we see numerous new IT Cloud options, and providers, emerge every month. With so many new choices, even a business veteran can feel a bit cloudy.
All this new capability brings us back to the timeless key to success - a clear vision of what you want to achieve. A clear goal is the quickest and surest way to navigate the Cloud landscape and emerge even stronger.
What's the most important role IT plays in supporting your success? What important CAPABILITIES does IT provide? What RISKS does IT mitigate? If it’s time for you to make a change, then it’s probably time for you to consider the cloud.
Here are the top 5 cloud services we see clients benefiting from today:
- Email - Moving your Exchange server out of your office is one of the quickest ways to increase reliability and upgrade to the latest capabilities.
- Backup & Recovery - Automatic, offsite backup for all of your critical data. No more tapes and immediate access to restoring files is at your fingertips.
- VOIP (Voice Over IP) - Moving your business phone system to the cloud increases reliability, provides the latest features and unifies all your users onto the same system.
- RMM (Remote Monitoring & Management) - Monitoring and updating systems before problems happen lowers overall cost and keeps your users productive.
- DR (Disaster Recovery) - Having the ability to fail over to a DR copy of your critical server within 15-minutes.
Are you using any cloud services today? How do you feel about IT in the clouds?
Join the conversation by sharing your ideas, comments and questions.
Onward & Upward!
The Strategic Technology Adviser
RelianceNet Blog by Pat Cooley
Subscribe by email
Sign up to get our posts via email.